Psalm 108:1-6: Enthusiasm

I am grateful for the notion of the psalmist waking up the dawn, especially on a gray, dreary, cool day when my Lenten abstention from coffee is beginning to wear on me.  These verses are full of a joy and enthusiasm that is invigorating, that reorients and refreshes me, which is perfect for this season of renewal.

Pray, repent, reflect, rejoice.  It's Lent!

My heart is firmly fixed, O God, my heart is fixed; *
I will sing and make melody.
Wake up, my spirit;
awake, lute and harp; *
I myself will waken the dawn.
I will confess you among the peoples, O LORD; *
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your loving-kindness is greater than the heavens, *
and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Exalt yourself above the heavens, O God, *
and your glory over all the earth.
So that those who are dear to you may be delivered, *
save with your right hand and answer me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power