Psalm 131 Short and to the Point

Four short verses.  Four profound verses.

Here we are offered an attitude and approach for faithful living.  As Lent draws to a close, it's worth reflecting on how much closer we are to stilling our souls and making them quiet so that we can wait upon the LORD.  We may still have more to do, and we may not do it all by Easter but we need not worry: God will be reaching out to us as we reach out to him, whenever and wherever we are.

1  O LORD, I am not proud; *
I have no haughty looks.
2  I do not occupy myself with great matters, *
or with things that are too hard for me.
3  But I still my soul and make it quiet,
like a child upon its mother’s breast; *
my soul is quieted within me.
4  O Israel, wait upon the LORD, *
from this time forth for evermore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power