Psalm 6: Accepted

It can be hard to repent.  As we reflect on our actions, our choices, our priorities, we can lose heart.  Sometimes, it's possible to lose any sense of self worth.  And when that happens, when we can't forgive ourselves, we wonder how anybody else, including God, could.  Here, the psalmist calls us back to the truth with honesty and pathos.  As far as we've fallen, as grievously as we've erred, as blatantly as we've sinned if we are willing to turn back to God with open and willing hearts, if we're willing to own to what we've done and not done to separate ourselves from God and God's people, we can be sure that we will be accepted by the One who has made, who loves us, and who will heal us.

1  LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger; *
do not punish me in your wrath.
2  Have pity on me, LORD, for I am weak; *
heal me, LORD, for my bones are racked.
3  My spirit shakes with terror; *
how long, O LORD, how long?
4  Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; *
save me for your mercy’s sake.
5  For in death no one remembers you; *
and who will give you thanks in the grave?
6  I grow weary because of my groaning; *
every night I drench my bed
and flood my couch with tears.
7  My eyes are wasted with grief *
and worn away because of all my enemies.
8  Depart from me, all evildoers, *
for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
9  The LORD has heard my supplication; *
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10  All my enemies shall be confounded and quake with fear; *
they shall turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power