Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19: He's Listening

The psalmist harbors no doubt.  God is surely listening to his prayers.

It's easy to make this assertion when all is going well. But what about during times of trouble?  What about now, Maundy Thursday, when Jesus will meet with is disciples, one of whom will betray him?  What about now, the eve of Jesus' crucifixion?  Was God listening to Jesus?  Will he listen to us?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

God is listening.  Though it may not be obvious, God is listening as if nothing else in the world matters, as if there is nothing else in the world to hear.  God hears his people.  To God, each person is precious.

Remember this.  Respond to this.  And yes, as odd as this word may seem today, rejoice in this.

116:1 I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my supplications.
116:2 Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
116:12 What shall I return to the LORD for all his bounty to me?
116:13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD,
116:14 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his faithful ones.
116:16 O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant, the child of your serving girl. You have loosed my bonds.
116:17 I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice and call on the name of the LORD.
116:18 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people,
116:19 in the courts of the house of the LORD, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power