Talking and Doing

During Advent we talk about the virtues of patience.  It's one thing to talk about be patient; it's a wholly other matter to be patient.  The former involves an abstract concept; the latter the practice of a discipline.  I've been reminded of this difference by the onset of a doozy of a cold.  Chills, fever, sneezing, runny nose, and the desire to sleep, sleep, sleep.  I'm done.  I'm ready for it to be over.  But beyond taking my meds, drinking lots of fluids, and getting rest, there's really not much I can do, is there - other than wait for this to pass by.  So, I can be impatient and fret, or be patient and calm.  The latter is proving to be a more satisfying course.  "Be patient," we say.  That's easy.  Be patient, we do.  That's tougher.  But far more rewarding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power